Prior to commencing her own business in 1994, Michelle worked with Perpetual Trustees. During this time she became involved in Lotus LearningSpace, as she needed to distribute training to 600 staff across Australia with a small team of trainers.
With Michelle’s knowledge of education, technology and Lotus LearningSpace, IBM/Lotus Corporation engaged her to complete projects for James Cook University (Medical Faculty), Suncorp Metway, and the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
During this time, her roles included:
• determining their readiness to embrace online learning (this encompasses reviewing their staff, technical infrastructure, and the learning and development team readiness);
• evaluating what topics currently being offered through traditional delivery methods that can be more effectively delivered by or mixed with online learning;
• project managing outsourced development of web-pages and content;
• quality assuring the learning product against the learning objectives.
Today Michelle uses online learning to support her business education programs.
Michelle’s qualifications are:
- Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training (TAE40110) – 2012
- Microsoft Office Specialist for Office Outlook 2010, Office Word 2010, Office Excel 2010 and Office PowerPoint 2010 – 2011
- Certificate IV in Financial Services (FNS40207) – 2010
- Masters in Education – 2006, University of Southern QLD
- Graduate Certificate in Online Education – 2001, University of Southern QLD
- Graduate Diploma – 2001, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certificate – Trust Administration – 1989, Executor and Trustee Institute
- Associate Diploma in Business (major – computing) – 1981, Qld Institute of Technology
Since 2002, Michelle has lectured at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Management and Organisational Skills; Strategic Management; and International e-marketing Strategy.